Erisma uncinatum Warm, Vochysiaceae
Bruteiro, cachimbo-de-jabuti, cambará, cambará-rosa, cedrilho, jaboti, jaboti-da-terra-firme, quaruba-vermelha, quarubarana, quarubatinga and verga-de-jabuti.
Heartwood and sapwood distinct by color, heartwood reddish-brown; no brightness; imperceptible smell and taste; low density; right grain to reverse; medium to thick texture.
The cedrinho wood presents low durability to the attack of xylophagous organisms (fungi and insects). Heartwood and sapwood are moderately easy to preserve in processes under pressure.
Cedrinho wood is easy to be flatten, saw and sand, but has poor (felting) surface finish. Air-drying is easy and without significant occurrence of defects. Drying in oven is also fast, but under very drastic conditions warping may occur, cracks and surface hardening may occur.
Mass Density – Apparent at 15% humidity: 1090 kg/m3 / Basic: 830 kg/m3
Shrinkage – Radial: 4.2% / Tangential 6.6% / Volumetric: 14.6%
• Lightweight in frames: doors, shutters, frames
• Internal lightweight, structural: slats
• Internal lightweight, general utility: wainscoting, frames, linings, linings
• Temporary use: scaffolding, concrete forms, protrusions
• General utility: standard furniture, internal parts of furniture including those decorative
• Decorative Laminas